Video Poker Slots
Video poker slots are frequently played online. They use the same hand combinations as regular table poker including:
• Straight flush – sequential cards in the same suit
• Four of a kind – one of the same card from each suit
• Full House – 3 cards of one kind, 2 of another
• Flush – 5 cards of the same suit, not in order
• Straight – 5 cards in sequential order, different suits
• Three of a kind – 3 like cards, different suits
• Two pair – 2 sets of like cards (i.e. 2 x 10s, 2 x 4s)
Video poker slots are played by applying credit after which a virtual hand is dealt. One or more cards can be discarded and new ones dealt from the same deck. Winning combinations are displayed on the pay table, a visual table showing how many coins can be won depending on the hand and the number of coins bet. The machine will pay out when the player’s hand matches a winning one. Each machine will clearly display what is paid out when each different kind of hand is hit, as shown here.
There are many different types of video poker including Deuces Wild, Joker Poker, Double Bonus, Jacks or Better, as well as several more. By learning and understanding the payback tables for each variation, players can greatly improve their winnings. All American Poker is pictured here.
How video poker slots differ from other slot machines
• A game of skill versus a game of chance – Unlike most slot machines which are games of chance, meaning nothing the player does can change the random outcome of the game, video poker slots can be labeled as a game of skill. The reason for this is that the pay table shows what the return will be, based on the hand dealt and the number of coins bet. By applying mathematics and learning the theoretical returns for each game, gamblers can determine which games are offering the best returns, and play longer to win bigger.
• Potential wins – because winning with video poker slots can be determined through a mixture of skill and knowledge, whereby regular slots can’t, playing video poker can potentially be more profitable. This is because winning lines on slot machines are predetermined by casinos to ensure the casino always makes a profit from them whereas players can win every time, regardless of how much a casino is making.
• Regulations – unlike other slot machines and games of chance, video poker machines are regulated by state laws or Indian Gaming agencies. The regulations, which were adopted first by the Nevada Gaming Commission, and then by other states, states that all video poker machines must deal random cards from a virtual deck of cards. Regular slot machines are pre-programmed to ensure the winnings that are paid out are between 82 and 90 per cent of what players put in. Unlike slot games, casinos cannot predetermine what cards are dealt during video poker slots.
• Progressive jackpots – many slot machines have progressive jackpots where the total jackpot amount that can be won increases every time the machine is played. These jackpots increase until someone hits it, and have been known to reach millions of dollars. There are hardly any video poker slots that offer a progressive jackpot.
• Thinking or playing – because video real money slots games can be won with the correct strategies, playing them takes some thinking, unlike slot machines whereby the only thinking a player needs to do is what machine to play.
Join Cool Cat Casino today!